- Author:Scott Seely,Kenn Scribner
- Publisher:Addison-Wesley Professional; 1 edition (April 30, 2009)
- Pages:480 pages
- FB2 format1739 kb
- ePUB format1745 kb
- DJVU format1142 kb
- Formats:doc mbr lrf lrf
by Scott Seely and Kenn Scribner.
Uniform Title: Microsoft. NET development series. Download book Effective REST services via. NET Framework ., Kenn Scribner, Scott Seely.
Effective REST Services via., By Kenn Scribner, Scott Seely. Kenn Scribner, Scott Seely
Kenn Scribner, Scott Seely. Effective REST Services via.
Find nearly any book by Kenn Scribner. : Effective REST Services via.
Build Web Services Better and Faster with RESTful Techniques and .NET Technologies
Developers are rapidly discovering the power of REST to simplify the development of even the most sophisticated Web services—and today’s .NET platform is packed with tools for effective REST development. Now, for the first time, there’s a complete, practical guide to building REST-based services with .NET development technologies.
Long-time .NET and Web services developers and authors Kenn Scribner and Scott Seely explain why REST fits so smoothly into the Internet ecosystem, why RESTful services are so much easier to build, what it means to be RESTful, and how to identify behaviors that are not RESTful. Next, they review the core Internet standards and .NET technologies used to develop RESTful solutions and show exactly how to apply them on both the client and server side. Using detailed code examples, Scribner and Seely begin with simple ASP.NET techniques, and then introduce increasingly powerful options—including Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Microsoft’s cloud computing initiative, Azure. Coverage includes
• Accessing RESTful services from desktop applications, using Windows Forms and WPF
• Supporting Web client operations using Silverlight 2.0, jаvascript, and other technologies
• Understanding how IIS 7.0 processes HTTP requests and using that knowledge to build better REST services
• Constructing REST services based on traditional ASP.NET constructs
• Utilizing the ASP.NET MVC Framework to implement RESTful services more effectively
• Taking advantage of WCF 3.5’s powerful REST-specific capabilities
• Creating RESTful data views effortlessly with ADO.NET Data Services
• Leveraging Microsoft’s Azure cloud-computing platform to build innovative new services
• Choosing the right .NET technology for each REST application or service